the only thing missing is you!
The mission of Black Lake Retreat Center is to offer a place of retreat and spiritual renewal to persons of all ages and levels of faith development. Catawba College is restoring and strengthening a valuable outdoor ministry resource of the Southern Conference of the United Church of Christ for generations to come and utilize Black Lake in the manner originally intended by generous donors, Mrs. Lavona Black and Mrs. Jacqueline Leonard.
- 306 wooded acres surrounding a beautiful 8-acre lake;
- a 5,660 square foot conference center with a spacious assembly room (maximum capacity of 120), two additional mid-sized conference rooms, a commercial kitchen, restrooms, and a large deck with rocking chairs and a view of the lake;
- a large, multi-purpose picnic shelter that also overlooks the lake and includes picnic tables, a commercial kitchen and access to two restrooms with showers;
- 4 very rustic cabins with a maximum capacity of 32 people (8 per cabin);
- a small country cottage, which will accommodate groups of 4 or less and includes a kitchen/dining area, and bathroom with a shower;
- a worship/meditative area;
- ample walking trails, fishing, canoeing, paddle-boating, volleyball, basketball, disc golf, and numerous other recreation opportunities.
PHOTOS: Black Lake Retreat Center
Though private and picturesque, Black Lake is conveniently located in the "Heart of North Carolina" at 4709 New Hope Church Road in Asheboro, N.C. It is just minutes from the Uwharrie Mountains, N.C. Zoological Park, Museum of Traditional N.C. Pottery, Richard Petty Museum, N.C. Aviation Museum and Hall of Fame, and many other attractions.
Choose Black Lake as the picturesque setting for your wedding! Located near the "Heart of North Carolina" and just minutes from the Uwharrie Mountains, it is the perfect setting for your special day. Read more about weddings at Black Lake.
booking / questions
If you are interested in booking the Black Lake Retreat Center, please contact Penny Rice at (704) 637-4488 or email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Jay Laurens at (704) 637-4725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.