information for students & parents
Transfer, New, and Re-Entering Student Checklist
New students in the undergraduate day program should perform the following steps to prepare for their arrival on campus:
- Review and print the orientation schedule. Bring this schedule with you to campus.
Review and optionally print the Quick Guide to Catawba Technology. Particularly note the information on how to login to CatLink (the Catawba web-based information portal for the campus community) and how to access the Catawba email system, as you will need this information to perform the next three steps.
- If you have not already done so, login to CatLink to change your initially assigned password, and set up your CatawbAlerts and your secret question, per the instructions in the First-time CatLink Login Guide.
- While logged into CatLink, visit the Housing and Mailbox Information channel on the Life tab. You will see your campus mailbox information there. If you are living on-campus, you will also see your room assignment and roommate information for the current term and any future terms for which you are housed.
- Begin reading your Catawba email per the instructions in the Quick Guide to Catawba Technology. Use the Catawba email system and its campus address book to easily contact faculty, staff, and other students. Email is used by the entire campus community to communicate with you. Both official notifications that you must know, as well as event and other information you may want to know, are communicated via email. Stay in touch by checking your Catawba email, as well as the Catawba website, often.
- Be sure to return your Health History and Physical Examination forms to the Proctor Student Health Center
- Be sure to return your Health Insurance Forms. About the Health Insurance Requirement »
- Review the information links below:
NEW Student Info:
- What to Expect
- What to Bring
- First-Year Experience
- Your ID (ONE Card)
- Technology Information
- Housing/Residence Life
- Student Life & Activities
- Campus Bookstore
- Dining Services
- CatawbAlerts (Emergency Notification System)
- Academic Calendar
- Ask a Question / Submit Feedback
Be Prepared When You Arrive:
Log into CatLink and do this before you arrive:
- Change your default password, and set up your
CatawbAlerts and secret question per the
First-time CatLink Login Guide.
- Check for Hold Codes
RENT-A-TEXT at the Catawba Bookstore:
- Save 50% or more off new book prices. Valid on
rental titles, see store for details or read more.
- Library Information
Students who do not sign the waiver and provide
private coverage will be charged for school insurance
- Physician Services Policy
- Insurance Information and Waiver
- Meningitis Vaccine
- Gardasil Vaccine
- Performance Calendar
STUDENT-ATHLETES Participating in Varsity Sports:
Follow ALL directions explicitly in completing and
- Required Medical Forms