The Lilly Center for Vocation and Values was born from a major grant to Catawba College from the Lilly Endowment, Inc.
In 2003, Catawba College became one of 39 colleges and universities nationwide to receive a major grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc. With funds from that grant, Catawba College founded the Lilly Center for Vocation and Values. Director of the Lilly Center is Dr. Kenneth Clapp who also serves as Chaplain of the College.
In 2006, Catawba College received a renewal grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc. This sustainability grant will allow The Lilly Center at Catawba College, along with 30 other insititutions, to promote programs that have helped participants, especially students, discover and use their gifts in ways that serve others. The funds will also help in continuing to make a special focus by encouraging students to consider how they can make a real difference in today's world through the Christian ministry.
The Lilly Center Offices are located in Omwake-Dearborn Chapel.
The 3rd Place, the Lilly Center's coffee (& tea) house is located in the basement of Omwake-Dearborn Chapel on campus. Student managed and staffed, The 3rd Place has free coffee, tea, and cookies. The menu also includes:
- Soda: $0.50
- Snacks: $0.50
- Popsicles: $0.25
- Pop Tarts: $0.50
- Coffee Flavor Shots: $0.25
Coffee House Hours:
- Sunday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Monday: 8:00am-11:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am-11:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am-11:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
NEWS & UPDATES:
- 10th Annual Lilly Colloquium: Dr. Kurt Corriher
- Students Hope Shoeboxes Bring Smiles
- Volunteer Catawba Helps Build a Home
- The Experience of an Internship and the Ability to Make a Difference
- Catawba Named Presidential Honor Roll for Fourth Consecutive Year
- Catawba's Church/College Dinner is a Time of Recognition
- "My Summer of Service:" Sixteen Summer Interns' Stories
- New Students Attend Retreat, Prepare for College Experience
- Work Retreat Includes Renovation and Rejuvenation