Tips for Parents
Making the Most of Orientation
Orientation is an important time to gather information and get more comfortable with campus, for both you and your student. Some simple tips can help you make the most of this experience:
• Ask questions
• Listen well
• Meet faculty & staff members
• Participate in activities
• Take notes
• Get to know other parents/family members
• Attend a variety of sessions
• Give your student space
• Handle concerns with care and dignity
• Take tours and get into buildings
• Stay hydrated and healthy in the heat
• Have paperwork in place
• Soak it all in!
We look forward to seeing you!
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424