Tips for Parents
The Spring Cleaning Season
Yes, it will be spring soon! And that means it's time for spring cleaning. Students can spruce up their spaces with a few easy tips, including:
- Moving furniture to do a thorough sweep and vacuum
- Thinning out their winter clothes as they realize what they haven't been wearing this season, so they can donate those pieces
- Disinfecting items that get a lot of use — and germs — such as phones, doorknobs, handles and more
- Wading through collected papers so they can shred certain items, file others and recycle the rest
- Washing their blankets and comforters
- Scrubbing out their wastebaskets
- Thoroughly cleaning bathrooms (if they have their own)
- Getting reacquainted with the top of their desk!
Spring cleaning gives students an opportunity to start fresh and get to some of those tasks that get lost in the shuffle. Share your own tips as they continue developing cleaning competencies that will last them a lifetime!
Another benefit of spring cleaning now is that students won't have as much heavy-duty cleaning to do at the end of the year when they're trying to juggle final exams and move-out.
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424