Tips for Parents
Why is My Student So Busy?
March can be a busy month when students may not be in touch with you as often as you're used to. The reasons are numerous:
- Student organizations they've joined are busy planning end-of-the-term activities
- Midterm exams and papers are fast approaching
- They've made more friends on campus and are spending time with them
- They are knee-deep in job searching for the summer or after graduation
- Community service involvements have deepened, as folks learn how reliable and competent they are
Try not to take it personally, as being busy and engaged is what helps many students stay — and succeed — in school. Reach out to let your student know that you're there and interested in hearing about his busy life. He'll likely have tales to tell!
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424