Tips for Parents
Connecting with Community Resources
The resources available to students and their families around here are numerous! Yet, as the beginning of the academic year is just around the corner, there are some resources within the community that you may want to get intimately familiar with right away.
- A Bank. Where will your student do her banking when she's at school? Getting this situated now will make things easier throughout the year.
- A Hotel for Parent/Family Weekend. It's a good idea to book this now, if you haven't already, to beat the rush! Places can sell out quickly. And, while you're at it, making dinner reservations couldn't hurt either.
- A Mechanic. If your student has a car on campus, urge him to ask around to see whom local folks use as their mechanic. Asking people like housekeeping and support staff makes a lot of sense — they know this town!
- A Place of Worship. If your student is inclined to attend services, there are options.
- A Spot of Nature. It's good for students to have a little campus getaway, whether it's a city park, a hiking trail or a lake. Take a look at a map to see what's close by.
- Health Care Options. If your student needs mental or physical health care while away at school, don't hesitate to connect with the campus health center for help and referrals. It'll provide great peace of mind to have these things in place.
Connecting with these community resources — and more — now will add to the comfort level in your student's new town. Our community is looking forward to welcoming you and your student!
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424