Tips for Parents
Focusing on Relationship Wellness
Strong, healthy relationships take nurturing and tending to. Encourage your student to spend time with someone he loves with these fun, free "date" ideas:
- Grab food "to go" from the dining hall and have a picnic on a quiet grassy knoll on campus.
- Visit a local nature center or park and take a stroll.
- Go to a bookstore and peruse books of places you would like to travel.
- Make up fun scavenger hunts for one another and see who can gather all of the items the fastest.
- Volunteer together at a local soup kitchen or animal shelter.
- Go to a campus event, such as an athletic contest or educational speaker.
- Have a game night.
- Make some hot chocolate, bundle up and sit under the stars.
- Go to the Alumni Office and learn about the history of the campus.
- Give each other hand and foot massages.
- Study together for an upcoming exam.
- Borrow a movie from a friend or sign one out of the library and watch it together.
- Build a snowman (or snow village) together.
- Go to the recreation center and play basketball or swim and dive in the pool.
- Make picture collages to post in each of your rooms.
February is Relationship Wellness Month. Encourage your student to make the time she spends with others this month about loving others in thoughtful, simple ways.
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424