Tips for Parents
There's a Health App for Everything!
Having access to healthy tools and resources has never been easier. There's an iPhone app for just about everything, including health and nutrition! Here is just a sampling:
- Mindful — to track your food intake
- FitReach — to track your dietary, training and weight goals
- Heart Rate Calculator — to figure out your target heart rate
- Steps — to use your iPhone as a pedometer
- Health and Fitness Mobile — to view workout videos, apps and more
- Trailguru — to find trails in the great outdoors
- Fast Food Calorie Counter — to look up nutritional info for 49 top fast food restaurants
- 8h2o — to track how many glasses of water you drink
- iEyeExam — to give yourself a quick eye exam
- Massage Me — to give yourself a massage using the iPhone's own vibration
- Quitter — to help you work to quit smoking
- iFirstAid Lite — to get an emergency first aid assistant
Have a student who's nervous about maintaining a healthy lifestyle while in college? Consider sharing these resources with them ... or use them for yourself!
Source: www.uspharmd.com/ blog/2009/100-fabulous-iphone-apps-for-your-health-and-fitness
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424