Tips for Parents
A Winter Break Book List
One great way to spend quality time with your student while she's home over break is to read a book together. Here are a few recommendations to consider:
- Quarterlife Crisis: The Unique Challenges of Life in Your Twenties by Alexandra Robbins and Abby Wilner
- Grown Up Digital-How the Net Generation is Changing Your World by Don Tapscott
- A Greener Christmas: Discover a Simpler, Greener Christmas by Sheherazade Goldsmith
- Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin
- Generation Me by Jean Twenge
- 35 Dumb Things Well-Intended People Say: Surprising Things We Say That Widen the Diversity Gap by Maura Cullen
- God's Dog: Conversations With Coyote by Webster Kitchell
- The Rhythm of Life: Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose by Matthew Kelly
You'll be surprised at how much you learn about your student — and that your student learns about you — from doing something as simple as reading and discussing a book together. From learning processes to values, the opportunity to have meaningful conversation is there.
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424