Summer Conversation Topics
Sometimes all it takes is a simple starter to get some good, meaningful conversation going. So, consider asking...
- What classes your student is most looking forward to next term — and why
- How he's thinking about arranging his living space to make it more fun and effective
- The thing(s) she's glad she got involved in this year — and why
- Goals for next term, from applying for a campus job to an academic goal to trying out for a leadership position
- Ways you can both be more environmentally conscious
- What classes you'd like to take if you were in college — and why
- The faculty or staff member your student was most inspired by — and why
- How his friends are spending the summer
- What she'd suggest to family or friends going to college, now that she has some experience under her belt
- Places around school that he'd like to explore, from apple orchards to hiking trails
- What he's really looking forward to in the coming year
These topics not only give you an opportunity to connect with your student, they also help her reflect on experiences gained and goals for the coming term.
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424