Tips for Parents
Seasonal Student Issues #28
There's a seasonal ebb and flow when it comes to student issues. Here are a few things your student may be experiencing this month:
- First year students begin to realize college life is not as perfect as they were expecting it to be.
- Diversity issues become very apparent as students begin interacting with others who are very different from them.
- Conflicts between friends — both new and old — can occur as students settle into rhythm of the new academic year.
- Feeling behind in class work and wanting more contact with instructors.
- Anticipating mid-terms and questioning their abilities.
- People start to show their "true selves" — masks start to come off as students begin to feel more comfortable in their surroundings.
- Job panic of mid-year graduates as the realization settles in that they will be graduating soon.
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424