Tips for Parents
Five Funnies for National Humor Month
The Month of Mirth is upon us, as National Humor Month takes center stage. And infusing a little bit of humor into your student's life could be just what she needs during this busy month!
Here are a few ways to do just that:
- Make Some Mad Libs. At www.eduplace.com/tales you can create your own "Wacky Web Tales" and come up with some pretty wild stories. Send the link to your student, along with a sample one you did, just to make him giggle.
- Tap Into Your Inner Muppet. Encourage friends and family to quickly take the "What Muppet are You?" quiz at www.quizilla. com/quizzes/102732/what-muppet-are-you. It's a hoot to see which Muppet personality best fits you!
- Dress Up the Family Dog. Or guinea pig, cat, pot-bellied pig or neighbor! Take a photo of this freakish site and email it to your student, along with a goofy caption.
- Send a Funny T-Shirt. Whether it has your student's favorite cereal on it, a photo of your little nephew making a wacky face or a word she finds funny ("persnickety," perhaps?), send it along for a fashionable funny!
- Find a YouTube Clip. What was it that made your student laugh when he was a kid? Chances are, you might find a clip of it on YouTube! Type in a keyword like "Cookie Monster" or "Elmo" or "Raffi" and you just might encounter a funny blast from the past that you can send along to your student.
Sending a bit of mirth to give your student a laugh could be just what he needs right now!
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424