Tips for Parents
Hispanic Heritage Month
From September 15-October 15, we celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. Here are some quick and easy ways that you and your student can, too:
- Go to a Mexican, Cuban, Spanish or other spicy restaurant when you're visiting during Family Weekend
- Share a Spanish word of the day when you're emailing or texting one another
- Check out the intriguing stories of people in history, such as our new Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, at www.biography.com/ hispanic-heritage/ and share links with one another
- Talk about study abroad options and how your student can learn more
- Encourage your student to try some of the cultural cuisine offered in the dining hall – it's delicious!
- Send your student a filled piñata that she can use with her friends
Or send some different types of coffee from Hispanic/Latino countries, such as Colombian coffee, café mexicano, shade-grown coffee from Central and South America, and more
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424