Tips for Parents
Meaningful Grad Gifts
Is your student or someone else you know graduating? If so, here's a round-up of possible graduation gifts with meaning:
- A donation to a cause that he believes in, in his name
- Arranging a trip for her to see an old friend or beloved family member
- A bike and helmet so he can be more sustainable transportation-wise while also getting good exercise
- A nice frame for her diploma
- Shopping together for one professional outfit that he can wear on interviews or at work
- A letter outlining why you are proud of her and what her graduation day means to you
- A nice collage frame that he can use to put photos of college friends in as a remembrance
- Putting a certain amount of money into a college fund for a child in your student's life, whether it's a nephew, a daughter or a family friend, to symbolize the "circle of higher education"
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424