Tips for Parents
Preparing for Family Weekend
(Catawba's Family Weekend)
It will soon be time to visit campus for this annual ritual. To make it a calm, positive occasion, here are a few questions to consider and act on ahead of time:
- Where to Sleep? Book a place to sleep, if you're planning to stay overnight. Hotels, bed and breakfasts, and campgrounds typically book up quickly.
- What to Do? Look through the campus listing of all there is to do that weekend. You may need to make reservations for certain things.
- What Does He/She Want to Do? Check with your student to see what he'd like to do during your visit. He may have certain things he'd like to show you and people he'd like you to meet.
- How to Compromise? Express the types of things you hope to do when on campus, too, so that everyone has some input into how things will go.
- Who Will Come? Determine if siblings and other relatives will be joining you.
- Where and When to Eat? Make meal reservations in town — it's a busy weekend! See if your student has a favorite joint she'd like to show you or if there's a restaurant that she's been itching to try.
- What to Bring? Ask your student if he'd like you to bring anything he needs to school and/or take anything back — that'll help you plan your vehicle space.
We look forward to having you on campus with us!
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424