Tips for Parents
Interesting Topics for Summer Conversation
Here are some ways to connect with your student — through good, meaningful conversation!
- what classes your student is most looking forward to next term — and why
- how he's thinking about arranging his living space to make it more fun and effective
- the thing(s) she's glad she got involved in this year — and why
- goals for next term, from applying for a campus job to an academic goal to trying out for a leadership position
- ways you can both be more environmentally conscious
- what classes you'd like to take if you were in college — and why
- the faculty or staff member your student was most inspired by — and why
- how his friends are spending the summer
- what she'd suggest to family or friends going to college, now that she has some experience under her belt
- what he's really looking forward to in the coming year
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424