Tips for Parents
Fill the Mailbox!
Getting mail can help your student acclimate to campus life while still knowing that people back home are thinking about her. Consider mailing items such as:
- postcards of campus
- fun flat things like mini-Chiclets, Pop Rocks and gu
- cards with supportive messages
- a movie rental coupon and some packets of microwave popcorn so he can invite others over for a movie night
- funny cartoons from the comics
- a school T-shirt from the campus bookstor
- cool school supplies like colored paperclips, fun pens and funky folders
vs a photo of the family dog in a tutu or a sibling in a crazy outfit — something to make your student laugh and know she is being thought of from afar!
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424