Tips for Parents
Experts suggest a few simple tactics to help students increase the quality of their sleep.
- Get on a regular schedule.
- Don't make your bed a key study space.
- Don't drink alcohol before bed as it can interrupt a good night's sleep
- Avoid watching the clock.
- Establish a relaxing routine about a half hour before bed.
- Consider using "white noise" to help fall asleep (like a fan).
- Try to make your bed as comfortable as possible.
- Finish eating about two hours before bed.
- Avoid exercise right before bed.
For more information on the importance of sleep, see the article on page two.
Sources: The Centers for Disease Control; www.sleepfoundation.org; www.sleep-deprivation.com
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424