Tips for Parents
Ways to Give Back During the Holidays
What better way to spend time with your student than doing some good this holiday season? There are plentiful options...
- make and deliver cookies to old teachers, along with a note about how college is going
- help make and/or deliver holiday meals
- staff a gift-wrapping booth for an organization you believe in
- adopt a family
- head out with young friends, siblings or nieces/nephews to pick out a toy to donate to Toys for Tots
- do the same for a local book-collection drive, too
- shovel out a neighbor
- usher at a holiday concert
- babysit for friends so the adults can get out to do some holiday errands
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424