Tips for Parents
Chances are that your student's school has some interesting traditions: the Homecoming Parade featuring elaborate floats, a annual lecture series that brings a distinguished speaker to campus or the Fall Carnival, complete with "cow pie bingo."
Whatever the case may be, these traditions can be great conversation starters between you and your student. For instance:
- How does he feel about existing traditions?
- Are there some that he's proud of and others that he feels are foolish?
- What new traditions would she be interested in starting?
- How could she go about that?
- Are there any traditions that you can see yourself participating in as an alum after you graduate?
- What part do traditions play in the life of the school?
Traditions can be a cherished part of the school experience, something students will remember for years to come. Let them become part of your family's experience, too.
Prepared for our institution by PaperClip Communications, www.paper-clip.com.
Copyright 2006, 125 Paterson Ave., Little Falls, NJ 07424