All submissions should meet the following requirements:
- ACCEPTABLE FORMATS: Most audio or video formats are accepted, including videos posted on YouTube. For a list of recommended software to use, visit the software page.
- CONTENT: The content of your story must fall within one of the outlined categories. We want you to be creative and tell your story in your own voice and style! However, please refrain from explicit language that might be viewed as offensive to a general audience.
- IMAGES/PHOTOS (OPTIONAL): Although using photos with your story is NOT required (you CAN submit just audio), we highly recommend using or submitting anywhere from one up to a dozen photos images/visuals for your story. You can send only audio if you wish, and we can add in images for you if you have a photo you'd like to suggest or provide (NOTE: Contest entries must be produced by the entrant). Help with finding photos »
- LENGTH: Stories must be no longer than 2-3 minutes in length. Typically, a story consisting of around 250 words can be accommodated in this duration.
- COVER SHEET/E-MAIL: Please provide a cover sheet for your story containing the following brief information:
- Your Name as you would like it to appear (Jane D., J. Doe, Jane Doe, Anonymous, etc.)
- Title (of Story)
- Intro Text or brief description (optional)
- Transcript (if you can include one)
- IN PERSON: Feel free to drop by Public Relations and deliver your story in person to the Web Designer. Your file will be quickly copied while you wait, your media returned — and you're done!
- SHARE IT: Send links to your online videos (YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
- E-MAIL IT: Contact the webmaster FIRST before e-mailing to see if your file meets the size requirements. (read more)
- SAVE and SEND IT: Save your story to a CD, DVD or flash drive (will be returned)
Mail or Drop-off Submissions to:
Maegen G. Worley
Maegen G. Worley
2300 W Innes Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
- E-mail links to your videos on YouTube or Facebook
- Do NOT e-mail your submissions. (Why?)