In case of an emergency, important information will be provided to our campus community through CatawbAlerts. This emergency alert notification system, in which you must register to participate, allows each user to register up to two text (cell) numbers, six (off-campus) e-mail addresses and four voice numbers. CatawbAlerts registration and subsequent personal account administration, including updates to the list of notified numbers and e-mail addresses, can be found in Catlink, the Catawba College community portal.
When an emergency occurs on campus — anything from inclement weather to a life-threatening situation — a brief CatawbAlert will promptly be sent to you via the numbers or e-mail addresses you have registered. The CatawbAlert is a condensed summary of an emergency situation; characters are limited due to constraints on the length of text messages.
The college website, its official Facebook page and Twitter all will be utilized to provide more details on the emergency situation after a CatawbAlert is sent. In the event that the Catawba website is unavailable, you can find additional information on an emergency situation at e2.catawba.edu.
Additional Emergency Info Posted on:
REPORTING EMERGENCIES & incidents
To report an emergency, call 911.
FOR SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES/BEHAVIOR:
To report behaviors of concern, suspicious activities or incidents on or near campus, the Catawba community should use CatWatch. This includes any concern that one thinks may pose a threat of violence. The information shared will be used to investigate and intervene in situations of concern.
FOR THREATENING SITUATIONS/BEHAVIOR:
Four reporting methods are available for threatening behaviors or situations:
- Call Public Safety at (704) 637-4000 or dial 911
- Report an incident or a concern online at www.catawba.edu/catwatch
- Make a report by telephone by calling Public Safety at (704) 637-4000 or Student Affairs at (704) 637-4410
- Make a report in person by contacting any administrative office on campus for assistance.
- GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Important Phone Numbers
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Weapons Policy
- Public Safety
- Call Box Locations
- Report An Incident
- Sexual Assault Info
- Travel Options
EMERGENCY INFORMATION & PROCEDURES:
- Catawba's Emergency Response Plan
- Threat Assessment Team
- Emergency Desk Reference - PDF
- Modified Lockdown/Shelter-in-Place - PDF
- Building Evacuation Zones for Fire - PDF
- Tornado Tips & Evacuation Zones - PDF
- Active Shooter Information - PDF