Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society Induction — Wednesday, April 17 @ 7:00pm
Tom Smith Auditorium
The service is for inductees, members, faculty, families, and guests. (Attire: dressy/business casual)
Senior Dinner — Friday, April 26 @ 7:00pm
Peeler Crystal Lounge
This dinner is for graduating seniors in the Evening Studies program, and one guest. Reservations are required. A separate invitation will be mailed to each graduating senior.
- Senior Investiture — Thursday, May 9 @ 5:30pm (arrive at 5:15pm)
Seniors should assemble for procession, in any order, on the sidewalk in front of the library. Please wear cap, tassel and gown with dressy or business casual attire. Seniors will be invested with hoods at this ceremony. The service is for all seniors in all programs, and their families and guests as well as for faculty and staff.
- Commencement Rehearsal — Friday, May 10 @ 11:45am
Rehearsal is for seniors only. (Attire: casual)
- Baccalaureate Service of Worship — Friday, May 10 @ 7:30pm (Seniors arrive at 7:00pm)
Seniors should assemble for procession in front of the library in caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods with business casual attire. The service is for seniors in all programs and their families, guests, faculty, staff, and trustees. Tickets are not required for this service.
- Marshal's Walk and Reception — Friday, May 10 (immediately following Baccalaureate)
For all who attend Baccalaureate. Seniors will process with candles. Begin in the chapel and process through Oliver's Way (arbor) to the reception in Peeler Crystal Lounge.
- Commencement Ceremony — Saturday, May 11 @ 2:00pm
(Seniors should be outside Keppel Auditorium by 1:30pm)
Students who have completed all degree requirements should assemble promptly by 1:30pm outside Keppel Auditorium. Wear caps, tassels, gowns, and hoods with dressy or business casual attire. Degrees are conferred and diplomas are awarded at this ceremony. The service is for graduating seniors and ticketed guests.
Guest tickets are required for admission to Keppel Auditorium for the Commencement Ceremony. Seniors in the Evening Program are eligible for up to fourteen (14) tickets. You must reserve your tickets no later than April 15 to receive the number of tickets you need. SEGS will distribute graduation tickets from April 22 through May 6. Graduating seniors must pick up their tickets in person from the SEGS offices. Tickets not reserved (by April 15) will be placed in a lottery for those who indicated a need for additional tickets. You may indicate your need for extra tickets on the reservation form.
Other Important Information
- Reservations for Graduation events. Please reserve your tickets no later than April 15 whether you intend to participate in Commencement or not.
- Special Needs Guests. If you plan to have a guest at Commencement who has limited mobility (wheelchair bound, walker assisted, etc.) you must pre-arrange seating with Ann Dunn in the School of Evening and Graduate Studies at least one week prior to Commencement. Guests arriving without prior notification may or may not be accommodated but should locate a Junior Marshal in the lobby of Keppel Auditorium to arrange for seating. As with all guests, tickets are required.
- Completion of all academic work. If you expect to graduate this semester, be sure that you have verified your academic record with your advisor and the Registrar. Senior grades will be due by 12:00 noon on Wednesday, May 8, when all grades will be tabulated and final grade reports printed. The final list of degree candidates will be compiled when it has been determined who has completed all requirements.
- Payment of outstanding debts. All financial obligations to the College must be paid prior to graduation. Please see a staff member in the Business Office immediately if you have any questions about your account.
- Orders for caps and gowns. If you have not yet received your cap and gown, please see Catawba College Bookstore personnel immediately.
- Hoods. Graduating seniors will receive their hoods at Senior Investiture on Thursday, May 9. Those not attending Investiture may pick up hoods from Prof. David Pulliam at any other Commencement event.
Note: Master of Education candidates will receive their hoods during the Commencement Service on Saturday, May 11.
- Lodging reservations for out-of-town guests should be made immediately. Guests should ask if the hotel provides a Catawba rate as some local hotels do (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and Comfort Suites).
- Questions regarding this information may be directed to the School of Evening and Graduate Studies (704-637-4772) or the Office of the Provost (704-637-4466).