Commencement Ceremony — Saturday, May 11 @ 2:00pm
(Graduates should be outside Keppel Auditorium by 1:30pm)
Students who have completed all degree requirements should assemble promptly at 1:30 p.m. outside Keppel Auditorium. Wear caps, tassels, and gowns with dressy or business casual attire. Master of Education candidates will receive their hoods during the Commencement service. Degrees are conferred and diplomas are awarded at this ceremony.
Guest tickets are required for admission to Keppel Auditorium for the Commencement Ceremony. Graduates are eligible for up to fourteen (14) tickets. You must reserve your tickets no later than April 15 to receive the number of tickets you need. Tickets may be picked up from Jane Snider in the Department of Teacher Education between April 22 and May 6. Tickets not reserved by April 15 will be placed in a lottery for those who indicate a need for extra tickets. You may indicate your need for extra tickets on the reservation form.
Other Important Information
- Reservations for Graduation events. Please resserve your tickets no later than April 15 whether you intend to participate in Commencement or not.
- Special Needs Guests. If you plan to have a guest at Commencement who has limited mobility (wheelchair bound, walker assisted, etc.) you must pre-arrange seating with Ann Dunn in the School of Evening and Graduate Studies at least one week prior to Commencement. Special needs guests may have one person sit with them in the reserved section. Guests arriving without prior notification will be accommodated on a space-available basis only, and should contact a junior marshal as soon as they arrive. As with all guests, tickets are required.
- Payment of Outstanding Debts. All financial obligations to the College must be paid prior to graduation. Please see a staff member in the Business Office immediately if you have any questions about your account.
- Caps and Gowns. Dr. Kasias will handle the ordering of caps and gowns. Master of Education candidates will receive their hoods during the Commencement Service on Saturday, May 11.
- Lodging reservations for out-of-town guests should be made immediately.
- Questions regarding this information may be directed to the School of Evening and Graduate Studies (704-637-4772) or Office of the Provost (704-637-4466).