- Senior Investiture — Thursday, May 9 @ 5:30pm (arrive at 5:15pm)
Seniors should assemble for procession, in any order, on the sidewalk in front of the library. Please wear cap, tassel, and gown with dressy or business casual attire. Seniors will be invested with hoods at this ceremony. The service is for graduates in all programs, and their families and guests as well as for faculty and staff.
- Senior Dinner — Thursday, May 9 @ 7:00pm (arrive just before 7:00pm)
Peeler Crystal Lounge
This dinner is for seniors only; no guests are invited. Please remove academic regalia for the dinner. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED - see the online ticket reservation form. (Attire: dressy/business casual)
- Commencement Rehearsal — Friday, May 10 @ 9:15am
Rehearsal is for seniors only. (Attire: casual)
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Graduation Ceremony (Seniors) — Friday, May 10 @ 1:30pm
(arrive at 1:15pm)
The service is for inductees, members, faculty, families, and guests. A reception will follow on the lawn in front of the Chapel. (Attire: Business casual; Alpha Chi members: Business casual with gown and Alpha Chi cords only - do not wear cap, tassel, or other honor cords)
- Baccalaureate Service of Worship — Friday, May 10 @ 7:30pm (Seniors arrive at 7:00pm)
Seniors should assemble for procession in front of the library in caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods with business casual attire. The service is for seniors in all programs and their families, guests, faculty, staff, and trustees. Tickets are not required for this service.
- Marshal's Walk and Reception —
Friday, May 10 (immediately following Baccalaureate)
For all who attend Baccalaureate. Seniors will process with candles. Begin in the chapel and process through Oliver's Way (arbor) to the reception in Peeler Crystal Lounge.
- Commencement Ceremony —
Saturday, May 11 @ 10:00am
(Seniors should be outside Keppel Auditorium by 9:30am)
Students who have completed all degree requirements should assemble promptly by 9:30am outside Keppel Auditorium. Wear caps, tassels, gowns, and hoods with dressy or business casual attire. Degrees are conferred and diplomas are awarded at this ceremony. The service is for graduating seniors and ticketed guests.
Guest tickets are required for admission to Keppel Auditorium for the Commencement Ceremony. Seniors are eligible for up to six (6) tickets. You must reserve your tickets no later than April 15 to reserve the number of tickets you need. Tickets must be picked up from the Alumni Office between April 29 and May 6 between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm. Other arrangements can be made by contacting Margaret Faust at email@example.com. Tickets not reserved by April 15 will be placed in a lottery for those who indicated that one additional ticket is needed. You may indicate your need for an extra ticket on the reservation form.
- Event & Ticket Reservation Form (for graduating seniors)
Other Important Information
- Reservations for Graduation events. Please reserve your tickets no later than April 15 whether you intend to participate in Commencement or not.
- Special Needs Guests. If you plan to have a guest at Commencement who has limited mobility (wheelchair bound, walker assisted, etc.) you must pre-arrange seating with Margaret Faust of the Alumni Office by using the online reservation form or in person by April 15. Guests arriving without prior notification should locate a Junior Marshal in the lobby of Keppel Auditorium to arrange for seating, if available. As with all guests, tickets are required.
- Completion of all academic work. If you expect to graduate this semester, be sure that you have verified your academic record with your advisor and the Registrar. Senior grades will be due on Wednesday, May 8, when all grades will be tabulated and final grade reports printed. The final list of degree candidates will be compiled when it has been determined who has completed all requirements.
- Payment of outstanding debts.
All financial obligations to the College must be paid prior to graduation. Please see a staff member in the Business Office immediately if you have any questions about your account.
- Orders for caps and gowns. If you have not yet received your cap and gown, please see Catawba College Bookstore personnel immediately.
- Hoods.Graduating seniors will receive their hoods at the Senior Investiture on Thursday, May 9. Those not attending Investiture may pick up hoods from Prof. David Pulliam at any other Commencement event.
- Lodging reservations for out-of-town guests should be made immediately. Guests should ask if the hotel provides a Catawba rate, as some local hotels do (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and Comfort Suites).
- Questions regarding this information may be directed to the Office of the Provost (704-637-4466) or the Alumni Office (704-637-4394).