Any Freshman with a 3.25 High School GPA or higher is eligible to apply for admission under the test optional program if they do not believe that their test scores appropriately reflect their academic strength. These students do not need to submit their scores until they have been admitted and decide to enroll at Catawba.
The Test Optional Application Process:
- Apply Now
- Submit your transcript, Secondary
School Report, Extracurricular and
Leadership Resume and any additional letters of recommendation.
- Pick a topic from the list below and write a 500-600 (one and a half pages) word essay on that topic.
- If you could have dinner with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?
- Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- If you were assured you would not fail, what endeavor would you attempt?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision twice?
- Imagine that you have all the money that you need to live comfortably and the skill set to work in or create any career you so desired. What would that career be? Why are you interested in it?
**To be considered for the First Family Scholarship (full tuition), you must submit your test scores.**