- I'd like to find out more about Salisbury and the Piedmont region of North Carolina. Also, what cities are close?
- I am a wheelchair user and want to attend your college but wasn't sure how accessible your campus was. Could you please tell me, or let me know who I can contact to discuss this with?
- Exactly how big, in terms of literal land mass, is your college?
- How many students go to Catawba?
- How many minutes away are Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Greensboro from Catawba College?
- What are the most popular hangouts on campus?
Catawba is located in suburban, historic Salisbury which has been listed as one of 100 Best Small Art Towns in America. The city of 30,000 has its own symphony orchestra, community theatre group, and regional visual arts center and gallery.
Located just off Interstate 85, Catawba is only 30 minutes north of Charlotte — home of the Carolina Panthers (NFL), the Charlotte Bobcats (NBA), the Charlotte Sting (WNBA) — 40 minutes south of Winston-Salem and 45 minutes south of Greensboro.
Salisbury is two hours travel time from the mountains of western North Carolina and four hours from some of the best beaches on the Atlantic Coast.
Area Attractions are:
- Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte)
- Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (Charlotte)
- African American Cultural Center (Charlotte)
- Concord Mills Outlet Mall (Concord)
- Carowinds Theme Park (South Carolina)
- Old Salem Village (Winston-Salem)
- Lake Norman & High Rock Lakes
- Charlotte & Greensboro Coliseums
Our Local Links site lists several websites of local organizations, businesses and regional newspapers.
Yes, Catawba College is an accessible campus. We encourage you to visit campus to get a tour and meet with an admissions counselor concerning all of your questions.
For further info regarding any of these programs, visit the Academic Resource Center website.
Catawba College campus is comprised of 276 wooded acres.
Our college is known for its 189-acre on-campus ecological preserve. We are the only instituition in North Carolina with such a preserve, and its new 300-acre wildlife refuge located several miles from the campus.
We currently have an enrollment of about 1400 undergraduate students at Catawba.
Charlotte is about a 30-minute drive from Salisbury. Greensboro is 45 minutes and Winston-Salem is just over 40 minutes from Salisbury.
Most of the students hangout at the Student Center, this is where the cafeteria, snack bar, bookstore and other student oriented services are located.
Questions not answered here?
E-mail us your question and one of our admissions counselors will answer.