Where do I get the Catawba ONE Card?
The ONE Card is "built" into the Campus ID card which is obtained from the Student Affairs Office.
Is the use of the ONE Card funds required?
The Campus ID card is required for a variety of things (building access, library checkout, access to on-campus events, etc.), but use of the ONE Card funds is completely optional.
How do I get money on to my ONE Card funds?
Money may be added by:
- Credit card via the web (More Information)
- Cash, check, or credit card in person, by mail, or by phone at the Catawba Business Office
- Catawba College also "advances" money from any "expected" credit on your student account to the Bookstore Fund to allow you to buy your books (and related supplies).
- Cash, check, or credit card in person, by mail, or by phone at the campus Dining Services
(View Additional Information)
Is there any charge or fee for using the ONE Card funds?
No, Catawba College does not charge any fees for using the ONE Card.
Do the ONE Card transactions appear on my student statement?
The ONE Card funds are maintained as a separate account. The only ONE Card related transactions that appears on your student statement is a "transfer" of any "expected" credit balance in your student account to your ONE Card Bookstore Fund, and/or "end of term transfers" from the Bookstore or General Fund back to your student account. Detailed statements of your ONE Card transactions (by fund) are available on request from the Catawba Business Office or online through the ONE Card eMarketplace (accessed through campus portal, CatLink).
How can I find out what my current balance is on my ONE Card funds?
The balance of any of your ONE Card funds may be viewed online by clicking on the "ONE Card eMarketplace" link found on the Home tab of CatLink. A balance can also be obtained from the Catawba Business Office (or at any of the campus dining locations for the ONE Card Dining Services Fund).
Can I transfer money from any ONE Card fund to another?
No. Money placed in each fund will remain in that fund until used or transferred to your student account.
How long will an unused balance remain on a ONE Card fund?
The answer to this question depends on the fund and the source of money.
- General Fund: for students, any unused balance of the General Fund at the end of each term is automatically transferred to your student account; employee balances remain until used.
- Bookstore Fund: The following applies to students; employee balances remain until used;
- any unused balance of the Bookstore Fund from money that was "transferred" from an "expected" credit balance of your student account is automatically transferred to your student account no later than the end of the normal period to buy books
- any unused balance of the Bookstore Fund from money that you added directly is automatically transferred to your student account at the end of each term
- Read More »
- Dining Services Fund: any unused balance of the Dining Services Fund at the end of each term is forfeited per the Chartwells policy.
(View Additional Information)
What are some of the features that may be available in the future?
- Expansion of where the ONE Card may be used. Some of the possible additions are:
- on-campus: additional copiers, vending, computer printing, and other campus activities.
- off-campus: additional local merchants.
If you have any questions concerning the ONE Card funds, call or visit the Catawba Business Office. The Catawba Business Office is located on the first floor of Hedrick Hall. Their phone number is (704) 637-4388, and their office hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.