The function of this department is to plan, implement and maintain environmental sustainability, waste reduction and recycling programs for the college community. This includes educating faculty, staff and students in new and innovative ways to promote good ecological practices.
We also promote a clean environment that enhances the appearance of the College facilities and help promote a safe and pleasant learning and work environment for the College Community. Our dedicated staff maintains over 30 buildings on campus.
- Meet Our Staff
- Events and Meetings
- WHAT Can Be Recycled at Catawba?
- HOW MUCH is Catawba Recycling?
- Sustainable Operation & Practices
- Tips for Saving Energy & Money
- Recycling Info for the Community
- Bus Stops
- Recycling Brochure (PDF)
The college has 24 buildings on the Green Cleaning Chemical system. The buildings using this system include: Foil, Fuller, Purcell, Goodman East, Goodman West, Graham, Pine Knot, Hollifield, Salisbury-Rowan, Stanback, Woodson, Barger-Zartman, Hurley, Center for the Environment, Hoke Hall, Ketner Hall, Corriher-Linn-Black Library, Hedrick Administration, Omwake-Dearborn Chapel, Shuford Science, Robertson College-Community Center, Florence-Busby-Corriher, Williams Music Building, and Facilities.
NEWS & EVENTS
- Sandra Owen Retires, Honored by Department
- RecycleMania and Campus Conservation Nationals 2013
- Local High School Students Learn by Assisting with Recycling
- Conservation Efforts at Catawba
- Catawba Recycles Geothermal Runoff
- Catawba Celebrates Two Years of Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Year End Review