The Martha Kirkland West Teaching Scholars:
- Receive $2500 in addition to academic scholarships awarded by Catawba with the exception of First Family Scholarships.
- Explore early field experiences beginning in the freshman year
- Experience regional travel opportunities
- View interesting cultural events
- Train in the integration of technology in the classroom
- Participate in leadership seminars and scholarly presentations
- Observe a variety of teaching environments
- Receive excellent support and guidance
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
West Scholars selection criteria includes academic factors such as SAT/ACT scores, high school GPA, demonstrated leadership and community involvement and a commitment to teaching. The scholarship is a composite of various institutional grants and scholarship monies as wall as the NC Legislative Tuition Grant for in-state students.
Read more »
This program is accredited through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).