New members will be inducted into the Catawba College Athletic Training Hall of Fame on Feb. 22. The induction of the Class of 2014 will take place between noon and 2 p.m. in Peeler Crystal Lounge of the Robertson College-Community Center on campus.
The 2014 inductees are Ronald Ogrodowicz '96 of Stratford, Conn., and Richard Sharpnack '95 of Pitman, N.J. Following are the achievements of the 2014 inductees:
Ronald J. Ogrodowicz, MPT, OCS, ATC, LAT, CSCS
- Ron Ogrodowicz was an outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College from 1992-1996.
- Earned an additional Bachelor of Science Degree in Health & Science Studies from Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Conn., in 2001.
- Earned a Masters' of Physical Therapy Degree from Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Conn., in 2003.
- Head Athletic Trainer at Quinnipiac University from 1997-2004. Promoted to Assistant Athletic Director in 2000.
- Site coordinator & Senior Physical Therapist for HealthSouth located in Shelton, Conn., from 2004-2007.
- Manager for Select Physical Therapy in Shelton Conn., from 2007-2012 and Stratford, Conn., from 2012-Present.
- Earned his Orthopedic Certification Specialist from the APTA/American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties in 2011 and his Certification in Strength & Conditioning from the NSCA in 1997.
Richard Sharpnack, ATC
- Richard Sharpnack was an outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College from 1991-1995.
- Head Athletic Trainer at Palmyra High School in Marlton, N.J., from 1995-1998.
- Manager and Coordinator of Strength and Conditioning for Bally's Total Fitness
- Deptford, N.J., from 1997-1998.
- Physician Extender & Orthopedic Technician for Paul Marchetto, M.D. in Marlton, N.J., and Philadelphia, Pa., from 1997-2002.
- Owner and Business Director of Velocity Sports Performance, Cherry Hill, N.J., and Washington Township, N.J., from 2002 – present.
- Director of the Sports Medicine Program for the Rothman Institute Marlton, N.J., and Philadelphia, Pa., from 2010 – present.
- Coordinator of sports medicine coverage for 3 professional teams, 7 colleges/universities and 35 high schools in the Philadelphia, Pa., area. Coordinator and Facilitator for the Philadelphia Eagles/Rothman Institute Sports Medicine Annual Symposium and the Philadelphia Phillies/Rothman Institute Sports Medicine Annual Symposium.