As faculty in the Department of History & Politics, it is our mission to provide a solid education within the tradition of the liberal arts in order to prepare students for the challenges they will face in the workforce or graduate education. In order to achieve this, we as faculty will:
- challenge our students in small classes to reach their goals;
- provide our students with the best knowledge and offer opportunities for them to apply that knowledge; and,
- prepare our students for professional and graduate studies and ultimately for a career that is unlimited in its scope.
For students in the Department of History & Politics, you will be responsible for your own educational journey, with caring and demanding faculty to help guide you on this excursion. We seek students who have the desire for:
- the best in teaching and learning;
- a well-rounded approach to knowledge;
- to apply classroom knowledge to real-world experiences; and,
- unlimited number of opportunities after graduation.